From art law to commercial disputes Richard has over 30 years’ experience as a senior dispute resolution lawyer and mediator.
Mediations in which Richard has been involved include:
Art Law, Cultural Property and Luxury Asset Disputes
Richard has a particular expertise in art law and disputes relating to art and cultural property.
Recent art related disputes in which Richard was retained as the mediator include:
- Title and ownership relating to a £28m art work.
- Attribution dispute relating to an important old master painting.
- Art fund investment dispute.
- Client/dealer dispute relating to multiple art works by a major 20th century artist.
- Art insurance dispute relating to damaged artwork.
- Export licence, provenance and marketability dispute relating to significant European artworks.
- Institutional art loan dispute.
Recent examples of commercial mediations include:
- Employment dispute between senior executive and a FTSE 250 company.
- Remuneration dispute between CEO and board of directors
- Asset management dispute between fund managers and institutional clients.
- Family office dispute.
- Insurance coverage dispute.
- Professional negligence dispute between surveyors and valuators and institutional lender.
- Joint venture dispute relating to management and disclosure
- Professional partnership dispute relating to governance and partner exit procedures.
- Inheritance and probate dispute relating to variation of Will and related trusts.
- Real estate dispute relating to enfranchisement and lease extensions.
- Commercial contract dispute relating to multi-jurisdiction product supply agreements.
- Film finance dispute.